The Pirelli World Cha Read more [...]
At a Glance
California-based Saleen Automotive, led by legendary racing driver and high-performance vehicle pioneer Steve Saleen, announced it will host the Saleen Cup, a five-event, “arrive-and-drive” race series designed to demonstrate the capabilities of its recently announced Saleen 1 sports car.
- Racing version of the new Saleen 1
- Engine: Saleen 4 cylinder inline turbo, 2.2 L
- Power: 450 HP
- Weight to power ratio: 3 Kg/HP
- Holinger sequential gearbox with paddleshift
- Adjustable racing suspension front and rear, double arms
- TM Performance racing brakes (Front 6 pistons calipers, 380 mm disks; Rear 4 pistons calipers, 355 mm disks)
- 18” racing wheels (Front 9.5”, Rear 11”)
- Advanced racing aerodynamics (Front splitter, Rear diffuser, Rear wing) designed via CFD analysis
- Safety equipment according to the FIA international specifications
Notes of Interest
- Uniquely, the Saleen Cup is open to standard “D” licensed drivers, and offers a distinct professional-level racing experience, in which each car is equally prepared and maintained in-house, including back-up cars, plus transported to each race event.
- The Saleen Cup also features two racer teams, which can split the cost for participants and offer more affordable racing opportunities. At the conclusion of the five-race series, category champions in the Saleen Cup will secure a factory seat driving in Saleen’s GT4 entry for the entire 2020 season.
- An interview with Gabriele Cadringher, Director of Motorsport for Saleen can be found on the Motorsport Prospects blog here.
Current Season (2019)
The Saleen Cup will consist of five racings scheduled for the second half of the Blancpain GT World Challenge America, and kicks-off at Sonoma Raceway in California Wine Country in June. Drivers who are able to compete in the five races through October 20 are now being actively recruited.
• Sonoma Raceway (Calif.) – June 7-9, 2019
• Portland International Raceway (Ore.) – July 12-14, 2019
• Watkins Glen (NY) – August 30 – Sept.1, 2019
• Road America (Wis.)– Sept. 20-22, 2019
• Grand Finale (Las Vegas) – Oct 18-20, 2019
From the first Saleen Mustang in 1984 to the legendary S7 in 2000 and the groundbreaking new Saleen 1, founder Steve Saleen has continually set the bar for vehicle design and performance engineering on streets and racetracks worldwide. In addition to its distinctive Saleen Signature and Saleen Original vehicle lines, Saleen offers a wide variety of technical parts, lifestyle accessories and apparel for those with a passion for performance.