At a Glance The Globa Read more [...]
Team Category: Single Seater
At a Glance
Fortec Motorsport provides a complete transition from karts to cars by participating in a number of European single-seater formulae as well as operating an extensive driver development program. They are currently competing in British F4, BRDC British F3, and Formula European Masters.
Team Principal: Richard Dutton
Senior Race Engineer & FEM and EFO Team Manager: Mick Kouros
Last Season Results (2018)
British F4: Fortec drivers finished the season in 3rd (Johnathan Hoggard), 11th (Hampus Ericsson) and 14th (Lucca Allen). Keep in mind that Ericsson and Allen did not run the full schedule of races. The team finished 4th in the Teams Cup.
Euroformula Open: Fortec drivers finished 9th (Aldo Festante), 11th (Calan Williams), 13th (Petru Florescu) and 21st (Raúl Guzmán). The team finished 6th in the team championship.
BRDC British Formula 3: Fortec drivers finished the season 5th (Tom Gamble), 7th (Manuel Maldonado), 12th (Tristan Charpentier) and 21st (Hampus Ericsson). Keep in mind that Ericsson and Charpentier did not run the full schedule of races.
What they offer
- An outstanding pedigree in race wins and driver development.
- Professional facilities and personnel.
- An extensive Driver Development program.
- Extensive testing programs available to drivers not currently participating in a championship that Fortec competes in.
Founded in 1989, Fortec has amassed a number of wins and podiums in numerous pan-European championships. At last count they have accumulated 21 driver championships, 322 wins, 11 team championships and 938 podiums.
Notes of Interest
- Fortec have embarked on a comprehensive driver development program with V1 Logic providing according to their website “solutions that seamlessly connects off-track driver development and simulation work with on-track testing and analysis; a holistic data driven development path, managed by one team.”
- A number of successful drivers have driven for Fortec including Robin Frijns, Stoffel Vandoorne, Sam Bird, Juan Pablo Montoya, Daniel Ricciardo, Marcus Ericsson and Charles Leclerc.
- Read an interview with Senior Team Engineer Mick Kouros on the Motorsport Prospects blog here.