Listing Category: ServicesListing Tags: Mental Conditioning
At a Glance
Dr. Jay Cavanaugh of Rak Racing is a High-Performance Mindset Coach for Professional Motorsports Athletes. Specializing in F1-F4, MotoGP, Formula Drift, Pro Flat Track, and Pro Supercross.
Our one-on-one and group coaching programs focus on:
- Improving self-awareness
- Believing in yourself
- Fear management
- Subconscious programming
- Racing in the present moment
- Responding instead of reacting
- Power over force
- Building confidence
- Mastering emotions
- Stress management while on track
- Letting go of mistakes
- Focusing on yourself and not others
- Stop overthinking
- Resilience training
- Acceptance over judgment
- Intentional practice
- Managing uncertainty
- Mental toughness
- Breathe management
- Emotional priming
- Pre-race activation
- Building self-concept
- Becoming the observer in competition
Who Is Behind This?
Dr. Jay Cavanaugh is a former top Supermoto racer who has also competed in motocross, B-spec, and Spec Miata competitions. He’s won countless races and attributes most of his success to becoming the master of his mind and not its victim. He now competes in Tennis, Semi-Pro Cornhole, and is always up for a good Table Tennis or Poker game!
Notes of Interest
- Trained 2019 Red Bull Straight Rhythm Winner Tyler Bowers who beat out Travis Pastrana in the 500cc class.
- Brough Pro Formula Drift driver Matt Field from 14th overall in 2020 to 2nd overall in the 2021 championship.
- Mental coach for Pro Superbike competitor Corey Alexander competing in Moto America – 2nd Place overall.
- Coached top Pro female motocrosser Alicia Goggel to her best overall season in 7 years.
- Coached Pro Supercross athlete David Pulley to multiple personal bests after 10 years of little growth.
The video testimonials on our site are what we are most proud of.
These include all of our athletes including our amateur program!
High-Performance Mindset coach since 2017