Before you enjoy today’s Indycar race, take some time with the Motorsport Prospects Last Lap. This week I have all kinds of motorsport-related goodies including where you can see a rare Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta, how you can buy Juan Manuel Fangio’s Mercedes, in-car footage of everything from the new F1 cars to a Porsche 911 GT3 R lapping the Nürburgring Nordschleife, auction previews and more. Enjoy!
- If you are looking for a good reason to brave the cold, at the International Concours of Elegance, Pagani will be bringing the $15 million Zonda HP Barchetta to the frozen lake of St. Moritz. The $15-million Pagani is limited to only three configurations worldwide, all of which have found happy new collections to call home. The Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta takes shape as an open-top convertible hypercar that produces over 789-horsepower from its 6.0-Liter Twin-Turbocharged V12 from Mercedes-AMG. The exclusive hypercar highlights the craftsmanship of Horacio Pangani and his dedicated team at the Pagani Automobili headquarter in San Cesario Sul Panaro, Italy. The Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta will be on scene at the International Concours of Elegance, along with other Pagani examples, on February 26th.
- Meanwhile at the 2022 London Concours, presented by Montres Breguet, recently announced that they will be celebrating one of the greatest marques in automotive history: Mercedes-Benz. From June 28 to 30, the London Concours will feature iconic examples from the marque that embodied innovation, luxury, and engineering excellence from when they were first introduced to the present day. The Honourable Artillery Company based in the heart of the City of London will be housing the gorgeous examples from Mercedes-Benz.
- Check out the video above for an awesome driver’s eye lap of the Nürburgring Nordschleife from driver Alessio Picariello aboard a Falken Motorsport Porsche 911 GT3 R.
- If that got your juices flowing than you will be interested in the Robb Report’s look at the Porsche Academy in The Porsche Academy Is a Deep Dive in High-Speed Self-Improvement.
- Brian Redman’s Targa 66 at the Palm Beach International Raceway is an event that allows owners of vintage performance cars, modern performance cars, and race cars of all ages to actually drive their special cars at speed, without the dangers of actual racing. BMW Motorsport started at the track a few days before with a shakedown of retired racecars. Pro Driver and BMW Ambassador Bill Auberlen came down for the event and raced in different BMW cars, along with BMW of North America’s Tom Plucinsky, also a very skilled driver. Watch the video above where Bill is interviewed about his racing career, the new BMW M4 GT3, Turner Motorsport BMW M4 GT4 and much more.
- Love italian cars? The SCM 1000 Classic looks like it would be the event for you! Featuring the cars of Italy, and open to other pre-1975 sports cars, the SCM 1000 Classic is four days of driving on 1,000 miles of back roads, with support vehicles on the route as you explore the Columbia Gorge and Oregon Coast in the USA, More details can be found here.
- Curious about the new generation Formula One cars? Check out above a sneak peak from Silverstone on-board the McLaren MCL36 with Lando Norris and Williams FW44 with Nicholas Latifi.
- If you are looking for something fun to do in London this April you could check out the new Salon Privé London at the Royal Hospital Chelsea. “Carefully curated on the lawn will be a ‘concours’ of 60 rare historic automobiles. Everything from stately Rolls-Royces from the 20s to iconic racing Ferraris of the 50s. Early Bentleys to early supercars. A collection of the most collectable motoring marques in a unique display of power and passion.”
- If you have always admired Juan Manuel Fangio, and what motorsport fan has not, then you have the opportunity to own his Mercedes-Benz 300 SL. From February 28 to March 4, RM Sotheby’s will offer the 1958 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster owned by racing icon Juan Manuel Fangio, and do so through private sale in a sealed-bid auction.
- This Gorgeous, fully restored 1981 Lamborghini Countach just went up for auction.
- There is a lot happening at the Amelia Auction March 3-6 and Vintage Motorsport has some previews to get you prepared. They start of with their preview of the RM Sotheby’s auction on March 5th followed by their preview of the Gooding & Company auction on the same day.
- CPX Auctions, a new arm of Collector Part Exchange, debuts with a personal collection from SCM Publisher Keith Martin. Featured are more than 100 items offered at no reserve, including rare models, books, art, memorabilia, and parts. Bidding opened tomorrow on February 23 and closes at 3 p.m. PST, March 3. Visit the auction here.
- Artcurial is bringing a single-owner supercar collection to its Paris Retromobile sale on March 18. The cars of Maitre Etienne Leandri will cross the block, including four Ferraris ordered new by Leandri: a 1989 Ferrari F40, 1996 Ferrari F50, 2003 Ferrari Enzo and 2013 Ferrari LaFerrari. Several other cars will be offered as well, details of all can be found here.
- RM Sotheby’s will offer the 19-car Rey Collection at its upcoming Fort Lauderdale auction, March 25-26. Among the cars crossing the block will be a 1984 Lamborghini LP5000 S, a 1984 Ferrari 512 BBi, and a 2011 Porsche 911 Speedster. See all consignments here.
- Finally, don’t forget to check out my partner in the Motorsport Prospects Marketplace the Racing Edge Auction Network for their latest live auctions which currently is featuring a 2021 Dodge Challenger Redeye Widebody.