This week on a brand new Racecraft & Driver Development News, Tips & Techniques I look at everything from demystifying data acquisition to energizing yourself for success.
Racecraft Tips & Techniques
- Grassroots Motorsports looks at how to demystify data acquisition. “Currently, we’re experiencing a bit of a data acquisition renaissance. The hardware and software needed to measure on-track performance are more affordable, more powerful, more available and more versatile than ever. There are so many choices out there that a bit of option paralysis develops. What if you buy the wrong product?“
- Ross Bentley answers what I am sure is one of the most asked questions to Driver Coaches: What separates the champions from all other drivers? What tip would you give a driver to be a tenth of a second faster?
- On Episode 41 of the Your Data Driven Podcast, host Samir Abid talks to ex-F1 suspension guru Paul Fickers on using simulation to tune your car’s handling. “Paul Fickers has worked has been developing suspension systems on road and racing cars for nearly 30 years. Paul Fickers has also developed a quite astounding suspension development tool within Excel. In his own words it got completely out of hand! We discuss all things suspension, how you can do the basics right and what the basics even are. We do get a little nerdy at times but its a great conversation and if you’ve ever had questions about how your car’s suspension works, then this will be perfect for you. So without further ado, grab your notepad, grab a coffee, sit back and lets hear what Paul Fickers has to say.”
- Grassroots Motorsports polled a selection of Pro Drivers on their 10 Favorite North American Tracks.
Driver Development News & Resources
- For the first time, an FIA Girls on Track event was held in Asia, Jakarta on June 3rd ahead of the ABB FIA Formula E race. It was an exciting experience for 100 local girls, supported by FIA member club, Ikatan Motor Indonesia. On the Jakarta Track, the FIA, Ikatan Motor Indonesia, Formula E and the teams mobilised together to educate and inspire the girls on the potential career paths and opportunities open to them in the motor sport industry. The activities were centred around three key pillars: education, racing and career including: careers talks with key role models involved in the motor sport, health and wellbeing education, garage tours, simulators and much more.
- In the video above, Enzo Mucci shares the Mental Priming morning ritual that has worked for him for over 17 years now. “If you get your mind right then the world is your oyster.” You can see his priming playlist here – https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2LC…
- Sportsmith has a great article on training the team behind the driver in Formula 1. “As the popularity of Formula 1 heads into the stratosphere, more attention gets put on those that get the car and the driver onto the grid. With this in mind, we spoke to Paul Walker, Performance Coach at Hintsa who helps the team behind the team stay sharp, free of injury and capable of executing their role to the highest of standards.”