This week on Sim Racing and Esports News I bring you series and platform news as well as a number of videos that deal with everything from how to join a leading racing esports team to track iRacing guides of Monza and Laguna Seca.
Series and Platform News
- The Alpine Esports Series Championship kicks off on April 28th (today). “Alpine Esports is excited to present the 30 fastest drivers who will be competing in the Alpine Esports Series powered by Binance which will officially kick off on the 28th of April. In collaboration with sim racing partner Race Clutch, the Alpine Esports Series Qualifiers took place over two weeks and saw 3,054 drivers sign up to showcase their speed and agility in Assetto Corsa Competizione.”
- Windows Central reports: “the arrival of Forza Horizon 5 of course means a new roster of vehicles to collect, which will constantly expand after launch. While detailing audio improvements for FH5, Playground confirmed that FH5 includes the largest launch lineup of cars ever, eclipsing the already impressive Forza Horizon 4 car list that arrived with over 400. There are over 500 cars in Forza Horizon 5 at launch, and the Festival Playlist and regular updates means we’ll see more added over time.”
- In 2022, Next Level Racing will embark on a global partnership with Ferrari, working closely on the growth of sim racing around the world. This new, multi-year collaboration between two leading brands in motorsport and racing simulation represents a new chapter at the pinnacle of competition at the highest levels of Esports.
- The Global Esports Federation (GEF) has named agency giant IMG as its strategic partner. The new agreement will see IMG work with the GEF and Faceit, the professional gaming body’s strategic partner for esports services, to help shape the inaugural Commonwealth Esports Championships in Birmingham this August.
- The new F1 22 game gets a release date as its first features have been revealed. Sprint races, adaptive AI and VR are amongst the new features that have been announced for EA and Codemasters’ upcoming official Formula 1 game, F1 22 which will be released on July 1st.
- Gran Turismo 7 update 1.13 has arrived and it adds its first post-launch content with three cars and the Spa 24 track layout.
Sim Racing Guide Videos
Here are a number of videos that include tips on how to join a leading racing esports team as well as two iRacing Lap Guides.