This week in the Sim Racing and Esports News Roundup features details on the new Porsche Vision Gran Turismo, sim racing at the Commonwealth Esports Championship 2022, sim racer turned real life racer James Baldwin talks about his experience at the Spa 24 Hours and much more.
- For the first time, Porsche is at the world’s largest public trade fair for video games. In a purpose-built modern lounge, the sports car manufacturer and global sports brand Puma will be focusing on their partnership in the field of gaming as they present a new look of Vision Gran Turismo at Gamescom. “Porsche has steadily expanded its commitment to the gaming and e-sports community in recent years – our appearance at Gamescom underscores this”, says Robert Ader, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of Porsche AG. “We have reached an important milestone with the Vision Gran Turismo as the first sports car developed purely for a virtual space. By painting it, Vexx will now give the vehicle a completely new look as well. This is another way for us to showcase our enthusiasm for collaborations with creatives and the art scene, which we see as mutually enriching.”
- Init Esports has published an event recap following their participation in the Commonwealth Esports Championship 2022. “It was so empowering to see the long line of people patiently waiting to have their turn on the sims. We demonstrated that sim racing is for everyone and a perfect entryway to understand what esports is all about. We are proud to announce that 40% of the people register to drive, were women!!! Our goal at Init is to continue to educate the broader population about esports via sim racing and discover hidden talents among women and minorities. A car is relatable and there is no one that doesn’t have a big smile while driving a sim.”
- The Ford Motor Company and Next Level Racing are set to debut Official Licensed Ford GT Edition range of products. “Based on the industry leading GTElite cockpit, the Next Level Racing® GTElite Ford GT Edition cockpit features the signature Ford blue anodized finish, alongside the Ford GT logo and hallmark stripes – a dream for any Ford fan. In addition, the ES1 Seat Ford GT Edition also features custom blue seat belts, and bespoke Ford GT logo embossed on the headrest. The new Ford GT Edition GTElite and ES1 Seats are built to the same, premium specifications as the rest of Next Level Racing®’s Elite-series range of products, offering full adjustability, unparalleled quality and ergonomics for the serious sim racer.”
- Sim Racer turned real life sportscar racer James Baldwin explains What Happened In My First Spa 24 Hour? You can also check out James’ brand new website here.
- The Coach Dave Academy looks at 8 Immersive Speaker Setups for Sim Racing. “There are a number of different types of speakers on the market, and understanding what you want from them is the most important factor in deciding what to purchase. For the purpose of this deep dive we will be looking at speakers that help add a level of emersion, but what does this actually mean?“
- Race Department looks at the game changing updates, including Spa-Francorchamps, coming to Automobilista 2.
- Asetek SimSports and Pagani have introduced Huayra R sim racing pedals. “The pedal arms and footplates are based on the real-life Pagani Huayra R track car. The provided elastomer is designed to give sim racers the feel of he Huayra R´s brake pedal.”
- The Coach Dave Academy tells you everything you need to know about the new cars in iRacing. “We’re especially excited for the latest cars to the service, with a newcomer and two, popular refreshes of road cars. Let’s get to know the all-new Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020, Mercedes-AMG G4, and Radical SR10, as we’ve had some time to really get to grips with them.”
- The Sim Racing Garage reviews “the newest motion solution from the guys at D-BOX. Advanced Sim Racing also sent their latest ASR6 cockpit to check out the new updates to this chassis” in the video above.