Sim-to-real program Racing Prodigy’s rFactor 2 round starts now as the competition opened September 4th. If you are looking a way to transition from sim racing to a real race car, this could be your ticket.
I also have links to some great driving tips, the latest sim racing tech and general sim racing news.
All of this and more in this week’s Sim Racing Roundup on Motorsport Prospects. Its sim racing news for racers not gamers.
From Sim Racing to the Real Thing
Following competitions using iRacing, RaceRoom Racing Experience and the Street Kart Racing mobile title, the challenge moves onto rFactor 2 next.
Racing Prodigy is looking for a star driver to make the jump from the virtual world to full-time motorsport competition, with a drive in a US-based 2024 racing series up for grabs. A series of virtual championships across multiple platforms will hand out passes to the first of two Prodigy Weeks, the second set for 2024, where media, fitness and driver training will be conducted. You can get more information here.
Competitive Sim Racing News
Here are more headlines from the world of competitive sim racing.
- Porsche Esports Sprint Challenge GB series with Porsche Experience Centre prizes set for October
- Motorsport UK Esports teams up with Porsche Cars GB
- Porsche Coanda Esports ranks fourth overall after the ESL R1 season opener
- iRacing and FIA join forces for FIA F4 Esports Regional Tour
- Simracing.GP partners with Intel, founds Rivals sim racing competition
Sim Racing Tips & Techniques
Sim Racing Tech Roundup
Here is a roundup of the latest sim racing tech news and reviews from around the world.
- Fanatec’s new CSL Universal Hub V2 offers increased rigidity
- Get Logitech’s excellent G29 or G920 wheel and pedals for nearly 50% off
- September 2023 PC Sim Racing Build
- Cooler Master Dyn X Is The Ultimate Gaming Cockpit For Racing And Flying Sims
- Moza Racing: R3 Racing Wheel and Pedals
General Sim Racing News
- EA SPORTS WRC is a radical new official game, launches November
- Built From the DiRT Up, EA SPORTS™ WRC Delivers an Awe-Inspiring Off-Road Experience for the New Generation of Sim Racer
- EA SPORTS WRC will support VR, on PC
- Le Mans Ultimate: Content, UI And Features
- Le Mans Ultimate’s user interface showcased, co-op and single-player modes detailed
- You could be commentating at the ADAC SimRacing Expo
- F1 23’s ranked track limits set to be stricter
- Gran Turismo Movie: The Real-Life Characters Behind the Film Speak Out
- How David Perel Helped Make The Gran Turismo Movie
- Movie Review | ‘Gran Turismo’ (Times-Standard)
- “Gran Turismo” on track for underdog sports movie fans (Frazee Forum)
- Why PUMA was inspired to team up in the new Gran Turismo movie
- How PUMA is taking on the gamer-to-racer challenge in motorsport
- F1 Arcade’s rFactor 2-powered Birmingham venue open for bookings now
- Simucube launches ‘Hotlap Hangout’, includes top sim racing and motorsport personalities