The Motorsport Prospects Marketplace was created in partnership with Racing Edge to offer a wide variety of race and road cars for sale from prestigious dealers around the world. Every week I will be bringing you a variety of cars from their constantly expanding selection that catch my eye with information on how you may purchase any of those that are featured.
Here are this week’s selection. These are truly cars racers can use.
- Offered for sale by the P1 Groupe, this 2019 Mercedes AMG GT4 is track ready and features an AMG 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine (3,982 cm³) mated to a Sequential AMG 6-gear racing transmission. In 2021 it placed 5th at VIR and 6th at Petit Le Mans. The car is currently located in Mooresville, NC.More details on the car and how you can contact the seller direct can be found here.
- Offered for sale by Machines with a Mission, this is an Oreca Viper GTS-R GT1 that was raced by Carsport Holland in 2000-2002 in the GT1 class to 15 Podiums and 5 wins in 3 years. More details on the car and how you can contact the seller direct can be found here.
- Here is a beautifully kept Alpine A110 on offer from Race Car Locaters. Located in Mexico with its owner, but he has arranged to have the car in Arizona to make it easier for a buyer. It is an Alpine A110 1966 spider special Gordini 1565cc. More details on the car and how you can contact the seller direct can be found here.
- Offered by Oldtimer Australia and according to them, this 1977 Porsche 911 IROC Challenge Series Car started its life as a 1977 Porsche 911 SC with a 2.7 litre engine. From the service book we know the car was delivered new to Mr Rolly Newman from Melbourne, Victoria by Hamiltons of South Yarra. The car led a relatively ‘normal life’ through until around 2010. The service book is stamped from 1977 until 1985, with the last entry on the 28/09/85 showing a service at 113.531 km. In September/October 2010 the engine and gearbox where upgraded. The existing 2.7 litre engine was replaced with a later model 3.2 litre engine, linked to a replacement 915 gearbox. More details on the car and how you can contact the seller direct can be found here.
- As the seller Race Car Locaters likes to say, “There is still no substitute for Cubic Inches” This 2007 Corvette C6 Racecar is eligible for Masters and Peter Auto Endurance Legends. Built by RAM in Japan to GT1-2 spec Raced by Michael Lee it features a 7 Liter Engine 685 HP, 8000 rpm. 11.1 compression allowing for 130 Hours runtime. Only 10 Hours on Engine Hollinger six speed sequential gearbox. Recently inspected. Flat upshift, clutch on the downshift. 3,9 Diff and 3,5 spare, Power lock Carbon Torque tube Uniball suspension 3 sets of wheels Air jacks Canams ECU with pre-programmed maps for restricted and unrestricted engine and more. Further details on the car and how you can contact the seller direct can be found here.
The Motorsport Prospects Marketplace is part of the Racing Edge Network. Racing Edge is a network of motoring groups and businesses around the world running a white-label version of their ‘Paddock’ marketplace software. Within this ecosystem they bring together engaged users in the community looking to buy & sell specialty cars. This creates values for the buyers, sellers and partners alike. If you would like to list a car in the Motorsport Prospects Marketplace and therefore gain exposure to this ever growing network, you can do so here.