Here are some interesting motorsport-related tidbits for the Last Lap that crossed my virtual desk this week. They make a wonderful way to spend a few minutes on a hopefully relaxing Sunday. Enjoy!
- 28 rare Ferraris from the collection of French Racer Marcel Petitjean are heading to auction on February 2, 2022. The collection includes stunning examples of a 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB4, 1959 Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet, 1964 Ferrari 250 GT/L Berlinetta and a 1985 Ferrari 288 GTO.
- If you are looking for something to do this spring you could make no better choice than with the 2022 edition of the Tour with Legends – Supercar Tour 2022. It is a five-day tour starting in Bologna, Italy with a first stop at the world-famous Scuderia Ferrari F1 premises, alongside F1 Ferrari legend, Jean Alesi. Guests will then be discovering some of Europe’s most scenic roads, from Modena to Monaco passing by Como and Saint Moritz, visiting behind the scenes excursions with 5* hospitality and ending the tour in Monte Carlo, Monaco ahead of the Monaco Grand Prix weekend. Check out their video for a taste of what they have on offer and then go here for more information. It looks absolutely spectacular!
- Classic Team Lotus is offering tours of the workshops of one of the greatest Formula One teams. You can get the full schedule here. Tours include the following:
- Film presentation of a slice of Team Lotus historyTour of the Classic Team Lotus race shop
- History and technical significance of cars displayed
- The Team Lotus archive
- Photo opportunities with an F1 car
- Visitors will also be provided with a Complimentary Classic Team Lotus print presenting all of the Team Lotus single seat racing cars.
- JAS Motorsport is developing a track-only Bermat GT-Pista which is designed in accordance with FIA Appendix J Article 277, making it eligible in future for the ‘free formula’ category 2SC for closed-roof sports prototype racing. Daily Sportscar has more details.
- This is absolutely insane! Watch the Venom F5 unleash its full 1817bhp during high-speed testing below.
- Finally, WTF1 has a great article for those of us who have always wondered What Happens To An F1 Car After A Season Finishes?
Have a great Sunday! Stay safe and I will see you at the track!