Happy Sunday! On this week’s Motorsport Prospects Last Lap I look at the new Gordon Murray T.33 Supercar, a road-going version of the KTM GT2 XBow, the “Laps for Laguna” charity race, a lap of the Nurburgring with Derek Bell in a Rothmans Porsche 956 and more!
- Gordon Murray has introduced his new T.33 Supercar and the Robb Report calls it “the little sister that can’t be ignored.” Featuring a naturally aspirated 607-HP V-12 that revs past 11,000 rpm and a manual, Road and Track points out that its a “car that weighs about as much as a Miata.” You can inquire about availability here.
- I am a huge fan of the KTM XBow and was excited to here that KTM is to offer a road car version of the XBow GT2.
- The Classic Sports Racing Group (CSRG) published its 2022 racing schedule in mid-December and the May 21-22 race date will be of interest to a much wider audience than historic racers. “Laps for Laguna” is a new event, the joint creation of both the CSRG and non-profit Laguna Seca Raceway Foundation (LSRF). The late-spring unrestricted-sound (no mufflers!) vintage event will feature CSRG run groups and a whole host of off-track special events celebrating many of the enthusiast and marque clubs in the Salinas Valley and Monterey Peninsula, with all proceeds going to the non-profit 501c3 LSRF. Sounds like it will be a fantastic event.
- Supercars.net looks at the 12 Most Exciting Cars Coming In 2022.
- If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to lap ‘old’ Nurburgring in one of the fastest race cars ever built and with a World Champion driver, now’s your chance to find out! In 1983, Duke Video put an in-car camera in a works Rothmans Porsche 956 with Derek Bell, giving you a terrific driver’s-eye-view as he takes you round the old Nurburgring circuit at up to 220mph! Watch the video below.
- Finally, watch M-Sport build a Rally Car from scratch in the video “How to Build a Rally Car” below.
That’s it for this week’s Motorsport Prospects Last Lap. Have a great Sunday and stay safe!