As you settle into MotoGP from Indonesia, F1 (and F2 & F3) from Bahrain and Indycar from Texas, relax with your morning espresso and enjoy Motorsport Prospect’s Last Lap. This week I have everything from 3D printed hypercars, rare Porsches, three opportunities to own Formula 1 history, a Ferrari speedboat, a lap of Sebring and so much more. Now this is the way to start your day!
The Czinger 21C is Insane
The Czinger 21C is a 3-D-printed, 1250 HP hypercar beast with a top speed of 281 MPH. “The 21C may not be a zero-emission hypercar like the Nevera, but Czinger has tried to make it as eco-friendly as possible. The vehicle’s V-8 was specifically designed to run on a number of different fuel types. This includes carbon recycled methanol and e-fuels, which could eventually bring its emissions close to zero and at least much lower than your average gas guzzler.” Only 80 will be manufactured so get your name in there now.
Take a Lap of Sebring
I suspect that you have been watching the “Super Sebring” races over the weekend so you will enjoy this. Go for a lap of Sebring with Brendon Hartley in the No. 8 Toyota GR010 Hybrid.
The Best 15 Porsches of All Time
These lists are always subjective and will always lead to disagreements, arguments and “agreeing to disagree” but here are the 15 best Porsches of all time according to Slashgear.
The Rarest Limited Production Cars You Can Buy Today
The Dupont Registry has a list of the rarest limited production cars you can buy today if you are not interested in waiting for the release of that Czinger 21C.
Ride Your Ferrari On The Lake
This 1990 Riva Ferrari 32 is currently for sale. It is a limited edition that was dreamt up by Enzo Ferrari and the chairman of Riva, Gino Gervasoni. Only 40 were ever made, and the brief was simple: From the side strakes to the sound system, turn the Testarossa into a boat. All the other cottagers will be green with envy…
Did You Used to Race Formula Vee?
If so, according to RACER you better start prepping now for the VSCDA ‘Vee in 23’ 60th Anniversary Reunion Celebration! Set to take place at Road America in September 2023 you can read more details about the event at VintageMotorsport.com.
Now This Is How To Have Fun On The Ice!
On the frozen surface of Lake St. Moritz, the fine folks from Watchonista follow the IWC Racing Team 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL “Gullwing” driven by Laura Kraihamer and other legendary cars, all with an IWC Pilot’s Watch Chronograph 41 on the wrist.
Article 7) Video: The I.C.E. St. Moritz with the IWC Racing Team
Auction News & Cars For Sale
- If you have ever wanted to own a piece of Formula 1 history, this is your chance. Fantasy Junction has available for sale a 1957 Cooper T43 F2/F1 race car. “Period race history includes French, Italian, and German Formula 1 races with Gibson, Burgess, and Drogo. Formula 2 history with Salvadori and Flockhart, among others. Fastidiously documented and understood to be among the most original T43s extant. Ideal for competition at Goodwood and beyond.” Simply stunning.
- RM Sothbey’s will be at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center as they celebrate their 19th annual Fort Lauderdale auction on March 25 & 26, 2022. “Known as South Florida’s premier collector car auction, this sale will feature approximately 350 quality collector cars varying across all different marques and price points as well as a selection of automobilia crossing the block over a two-day auction. Ranging from American classics to European sports cars, muscle, hot rods, customs, and modern collectibles, the sale caters to all segments of the market, from entry-level enthusiasts through seasoned collectors.”
- If you are a big Nigel Mansell fan, you will want to be at RM Sotheby’s Grimaldi Forum in Monaco on May 14, 2022 as they auction off a five-car Nigel Mansell Collection. “Included in the sale are two Formula One cars driven by Mansell during his career, a 1989 Ferrari 640 and a 1991 Williams FW14. The latter won five Grand Prix races with Mansell behind the wheel.” More details are available here.
- Finally, here are the cars that were featured in this week’s selections of Race & Road Cars for Sale in the Motorsport Prospects Marketplace:
- Heron GT MK IV
- Ford Falcon Sprint FIA
- Rokstock RSR GT Capri
- 1965 Ford Mustang “Shelby”
- Triumph TR4
- 1961 Jaguar E-Type OBL RHD