This week you will learn how content creator Super GT leveraged partnerships to help him transition from sim racing to the real thing.
You will also get a tour of the esports arena at PRI, learn how F1 use virtual 3rd cars and much more. It is all in this week’s edition of the Sim Racing Roundup on Motorsport Prospects.
From Sim Racing to the Real Thing
Thomas Harrison-Lord looks at how content creator Steve Alvarez Brown (Super GT) is transferring his skills in sim racing to the real thing and how partnerships are the keys to his success.
“The project sets a precedent. Faced with an ever-increasing list of socio-economic hurdles, justification for racing involvement at a corporate level is proving challenging. Sure, Formula 1 is arguably at the peak of its commercial powers, but other series are feeling the squeeze. But it seems like some businesses have cracked it – what if they could back drivers who are not only rapid but have garnered an engaged following keen to follow their journey?”
In the video above, David Cook, CEO of Racing Prodigy, and Matt Casto of Jesse Iwuji Motorsports, explore all the sim racing action in the Esports Arena at the 2023 PRI show in Indianapolis. It’s all about the e2Real pipeline and supporting the next generation of talented race car drivers!
In the recent Drive to Wynn podcast, Darren Cox, the creator of GT Academy explains F1 teams use a 3rd ‘virtual’ car during race weekends. You can listen here.
The NAG team interviewed young racers Chloe Stuart and Tjaden Tromp of TC Racing as look explain how they use sim racing to help them in the real world.
Chloe: I’m so excited to get into sim racing. It’s a way for me to practice all the local tracks and even get the chance to practice on some overseas tracks so that when I eventually go and race there, I already know what to expect.
Competitive Sim Racing News
- iRacing Radical Esports Cup new look for 2024 (Radical Motorsport)
- F1 Sim Racing: Event 2 Reportedly Postponed, Season in Doubt (Race Department)
- Sim Formula Europe 2024 Championship Quarterfinals: The Grid (Race Department)
- Verstappen joins digital Norschleife: ‘Most challenging track’ (GP Blog)
Sim Racing Tips & Techniques
- Sim Racing Online Fuel Calculators for Beginners (Box This Lap)
- “The Art of Driving at the Limit.” mini-course launches December 24th (Advanced Motorsports)
Sim Racing Tech Roundup
Here is a roundup of the latest sim racing tech news, reviews, and recommendations from around the world.
- Sim Racing: Your First VR Headset (Box This Lap)
- Best PS4 Wheels 2023 (Racing Games)
- Sim Racing: Graphics Card Buyer’s Guide 2023 (Box This Lap)
General Sim Racing News
- Forza Motorsport Update 3 Adds Hockenheim & More – Patch Notes (Operation Sports)
- The Top 20 Video Games of 2023, Ranked (Maxim)
- The New Test Drive Unlimited Game Looks Like Forza Horizon for Grownups (The Drive)
- Karting Superstars Update 1.0.5 Introduces Online Collisions & “Human DRS” (Race Department)
- EA Sports WRC’s Central European Rally Gameplay First Impressions (Box This Lap)
- Crossplay Multiplayer Arrives For Assetto Corsa Competizione On Console (Race Department)
- Choosing the Perfect Online Game if You’re a Formula 1 Fan (Grand Prix 247)
- 15 Minutes – Try Sim Racing Special (Guelph Today)