Sim to Reality is a popular phrase these days as once again this week you will see how sim racing and real-world motorsport are feeding off each other. From the launch of Part 2 of the Prodigy Racing League to the use of simulators in Formula 1, there are plenty of examples of how sim racing is becoming a required part of the sport.
All of this including the latest tech news and reviews, guides, and sim racing advice on this week’s edition of the Sim Racing Roundup on Motorsport Prospects.
Don’t forget that the Motorsport Prospects Weekly Newsletter is now available so you will not miss out on any news racers can use! Check out the footer of every page on the Motorsport Prospects website and sign up now!
From Sim Racing to the Real Thing
For Part 2 there are 3 Different Game Partners – each with Official Golden Ticket Series powered by SuckerPunch with 16 Prodigy Passes to win. The iRacing and RaceRoom series are supported by Mazda Motorsports while Street Kart Racing is available in the iOS App Store.
Don’t miss your opportunity to earn a Prodigy Pass for an all-expense paid trip to Prodigy Week (May 13-15) to compete in the Radical SR1 and a chance to be selected in the Prodigy Draft to become a paid pro race car driver in the real-world Prodigy Racing League!
Box This Lap looks at how sim racing has transformed Formula 1 racing forever.
“During a race weekend, the simulator operates in tandem with on-track practice sessions. Drivers use the simulator to familiarize themselves with the circuit, fine-tune their racing lines, and make setup adjustments. Engineers, meanwhile, use simulator data to refine car settings and strategies in real-time. This seamless integration of simulation and on-track activity maximizes efficiency and performance.”
iRacing sat down with @danielmorad and his Winward Racing team owner Bryce Ward for an extensive interview on Bryce using the sim as a training tool during the 2023 @IMSA@imsaofficial Season. As a thank you for their help, Bryce invited Dan’s Moradness M Squad sim team to drive their GT4 car at MSR Houston – for many of them, it was their first time in a real car. You can watch it all in the video above.
Competitive Sim Racing News
- Moza Racing and Jimmy Broadbent Extend Partnership into 2024 (Box This Lap)
- Wyatt Tinsley scores eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series exhibition victory in Daytona Clash (iRacing)
- Guild Esports announces £4.5m loss in 2023 but increased revenues (Esports Insider)
Sim Racing Tips & Techniques
- Sim Racing: How Ride Height Works For Beginners (Box This Lap)
- Drive Your Success: Your First Steps to Being Fast in Sim Racing (Box This Lap)
Sim Racing Tech Roundup
Here is a roundup of the latest sim racing tech news, reviews, and recommendations from around the world.
- Best budget racing setup 2024: Everything you need for sim racing (Racing Games)
- Moza R5 Bundle + PlaySeat Challenge X review: two great entry-level choices for PC sim racing (EuroGamer)
- The best Xbox steering wheels 2024: All the top picks to keep you in line (Games Radar)
- Simagic TB-RS Hydraulic Handbrake (Game Reactor)
- Here Are Facts About the Importance of Sim Racing Steering Wheels (Box This Lap)
- Turtle Beach Is Building a Sim Racing Wheel With a Digital Dashboard and Button Box (Road & Track)
- Racing Components RCW GT – Ultimate Review (Box This Lap)
General Sim Racing News
- Le Mans Ultimate set for early access release on 20th February (Motorsport Week)
- Le Mans Ultimate Will Now Be Early Access, Evolve Throughout 2024 (Race Department)
- Le Mans Ultimate: Minimum and Recommended Requirements (Box This Lap)
- Racing into the Future with Icon.X World Token Launch (Crypto News)
- Despite His Hate for Sim Racing, Lewis Hamilton Has Crafted One of the Toughest Challenges in the Genre (Sports Rush)