This week on the Sustainable Motorsport Round-Up I look at the newly released Sustainable Championships Index, Extreme E’s Season 1 Sustainability Report, and some Formula E and ERA Championship news.
- A new report, the Sustainable Championships Index (SChI) has been released and while Formula E tops the racing series sustainability rankings, F1 comes in at a surprise second. Professional Motorsport World looks at the report and its conclusions.
- For an even more in depth analysis, The Sustainability Report talks to authors of the Sustainable Championships Index (SChI) in Episode 66, Which motorsport championships are the most sustainable?
- Extreme E has released their Season 1 Sustainability Report and carbon footprint. Alejandro Agag, CEO and Founder of Extreme E: “This is just the start of our journey and we are learning all the time, but this report details our journey to having the lowest carbon footprint in international motorsport, and the insight into how we became carbon net zero by the end of our first season.” Racer.com has a good summary of the report’s findings.
- With all the shuffling of manufacturers in Formula E, it was announced that Jaguar will supply powertrains for Envision Racing for Generation 3 of Formula E.
- Finally, Goodyear has been chosen as the tire partner to the ERA Championship. Goodyear will provide one slick and one treaded wet specification of tire to the entire ERA Championship field. Just like Goodyear’s portfolio of consumer tires, the Goodyear racing tire for ERA Championship is ‘EV ready’, featuring technologies to meet the demands of electric vehicles, such as their instant torque.