This week in The Business of Being a Race Driver, I bring you advice on sponsor logo placement, cross promotion and B2B sponsorships, a media webinar you can attend, the 5 types of sponsorship and more. I also bring you a look at the costs of racing in the Nissan Sentra Cup.
I will be taking a few days off so next week look for highlights of some of what has been featured in this column over the last six months. I will be back with a fresh Business of Being a Race Driver column on June 21, 2022.
The Business of Racing
- Megan Meyer-Lingner has some excellent advice on sponsor logo placement in The Ultimate Guide to Sponsor Logo Placement. “When it comes to providing visibility to a company for a sponsorship deal, you need to know the layout of your car and the accessories that are available for advertising. You should know exactly where you can put a logo and the value of that placement before you pitch your ideas.”
- Alex Striller has an informative post on Cross Promoting and B2B Sponsorships. “One of the most valuable aspects of sponsorship is also one of the least to be taken advantage of—leveraging reach through other sponsors.”
- If you are unsure about how B2B works, take a look at The Business of Being a Race Driver for April 12, 2022-B2B and More for more helpful resources.
- The next installment of Motorsport Australia’s FIA Girls on Track online program will take place later this month with a special webinar, presented by Supercheap Auto. Focusing on media pathways, the webinar will feature Nadine Armstrong, Emma Notarfrancesco and Kate Peck – three Girls on Track ambassadors who all work in the automotive and motorsport media. Click here to register for the free webinar.
- MotiV8 Training has a great downloadable pdf explaining the 5 Types of Sponsorship. You can download it here.
- MeettheSponsors.com is an excellent resource related to sponsorship acquisition. Their website features numerous videos you can watch and take notes from and they are the organizers of this year’s 2022 Motorsports Sponsorship Spring Summit taking place on June 17, 2022. Well worth the time to check it out.
The Costs of Racing
- If you are a Canadian race driver, you may want to consider the Nissan Sentra Cup in your plans. A successor to the Micra Cup, the Sentra Cup is a relatively cost-effective way to race. “The Sentra Cup promises amazing value to up-and-coming racers, with plenty of doorhandle-to-doorhandle seat time. There is a practice session, qualifying, and two races per weekend, or at least two hours of seat time per weekend, the promoters say.”