Securing sponsorship as a sim racing driver is just one of the topics covered in this week’s Sim Racing Roundup.
I also bring you insights from William Byron on his journey from iRacing to NASCAR, some great racecraft tips and the latest tech news, reviews, and general sim racing developments.
All this and more in this week’s edition of the Sim Racing Roundup on Motorsport Prospects. Its news for racers not gamers.
From Sim Racing to the Real Thing
I have two articles on NASCAR driver William Byron on his journey from iRacing to NASCAR for you to read. They are yet more encouragement for those wondering if it is possible to transition from sim racing to the real thing.
- After Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s Thumbs Up, William Byron Proudly Carries Flag for Game-Changing Development (The Sports Rush)
- William Byron 1-on-1: On being a championship favorite, his path from iRacing (Fox Sports)
Red Bull have a great article called Sim It to Win It which talks about the path from sim racing to real-life racing as demonstrated by Jann Mardenborough.
“For Mardenborough, having an edge on the racetrack goes beyond raw skill: “The most important part is the mental ability and the zone mindset.” He believes the composure honed in GT’s immersive gameplay, where a distraction could be something as minor as someone barging into your bedroom, has helped him learn how to quickly regain focus and control on the track, even if a hazard such as a near-miss disrupts his flow.”
Competitive Sim Racing News
Amongst the questions that Enzo Mucci answers in his latest video is how to get sponsorship as a sim driver. You can watch it above.
Here are more headlines from the world of competitive sim racing.
- Garrett Lowe shares NASCAR president’s letter to university requesting permission to miss classes for iRacing Series Championship (SportSkeeda)
- Jame Baldwin: From delivering at British GT to dominating with Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Esports! (Sim Sundays Podcast)
- Digital joy for JamWest fans (Jamaica Observer)
- Rory Alexander’s unrelenting passion for Gran Turismo (Traxion Podcast)
- Discovering WIMSim – Your New Pathway to Motorsport (Women In Motorsport Canada)
- Here’s how Team PH is preparing for the TGR GT Cup 2023 Asia Finals (Spin.PH)
- ADAC SimRacing Expo Professional Trophy: Williams Esports 1-2 in opening round (Traxion)
Sim Racing Tips & Techniques
Sim Racing Tech Roundup
Here is a roundup of the latest sim racing tech news and reviews from around the world.
- The Ultimate Simulation Setup? Cooler Master launches their Dyn X sim Cockpit (OverClock3D.Net)
- Top Sim Racing Cockpits: Prices, Photos, And What Owners Say (Hot Cars)
- Thrustmaster T248X review: A worthy contender (Dexerto)
- Sabelt launch range of smart-looking sim racing cockpits (Traxion)
- Why Sabelt has entered the sim racing market (Traxion)
- Moza launches three bundles for its R9 sim racing system (Traxion)
- Fanatec Releases the Long-Awaited QR2 (Box This Lap)
- VR still makes 40-70% of players want to throw up, and that’s a huge problem for the companies behind it (PC Gamer)
General Sim Racing News
- The Crew Motorfest Review (Cog Connected)
- The best sim racing games for 2023 (FOS Future Lab)
- I Played the First Two Hours of Forza Motorsport. Here’s What to Expect (The Drive)
- Spa-Francorchamps reimagined for Le Mans Ultimate (Traxion)
- Future of Need for Speed unclear as Criterion seconded to Battlefield, again (Traxion)
- 10 Most Underrated Cars In Forza Horizon 5 You Need In Your Garage (Hot Cars)
- Porsche’s 991 GT3 Cup now in Rennsport, plus race ticket competition (Taxion)
- ‘EA Sports WRC’ Shows Off Gameplay, Realism, Authenticity, Improvements, New Features And Car List – Screens & Trailer (Worth Playing)
- Forza Motorsport Preloading Is Here With Huge File Sizes (Cog Connected)
- Forza Motorsport Confirms Gigantic File Size (Game Rant)
- New Dynamic Handling System, Game Details Revealed for EA SPORTS WRC (Hardcore Gamer)
- First EA SPORTS WRC gameplay showcases expansive locations (Autosport)
- Forza Motorsport Pre-Loads Available and the File Size is Hefty, Achievement List Revealed (wccftech.com)
- Updated cars and 2023 F2 season arrive 16th October for F1 23 (Traxion)
- FaZe Clan to host activation at Porsche Rennsport Reunion 7 (Esport Insider)