Finding the best seating position for sim racing is just one of the topics covered this week and as always there is plenty more.
From the latest news on the Gran Turismo movie, watching a sim racer race in a real F4 car and a look at esports and marketing, there is much to learn in this week’s edition of the Sim Racing Roundup on Motorsport Prospects.
Its sim racing news for racers, not gamers.
From Sim Racing to the Real Thing
Last week I mentioned the release of the trailer for the film Gran Turismo, inspired by the real life exploits of sim racer turned real world race driver Jann Mardenborough. Here is some coverage of the trailer. You can also read my interview with Jann here.
- Is Gran Turismo movie a true story? Who is Jann Mardenborough – real events film is inspired by
- Sony Pictures Releases Action-Packed Gran Turismo Movie Trailer
- The Gran Turismo Movie will release from 11th August
- Gran Turismo Trailer Previews Story Of Gamer Who Joins Nissan Race Team
- First Gran Turismo Movie Trailer Takes A Dig At ‘Scrawny Little Gamer Kids’
Despite receiving a two-place penalty that dropped him to third in the race and denied him his maiden win, ROKiT Racing Star Deagen Fairclough has been competitive in his real world racing debut. The JHR Developments driver and single-seater newcomer earned his place on the grid by winning the ROKiT Racing Star Esports contest.
In the video above, sim racing coach Suellio Almeida explains what it is like to go from sim racing to a real life F4 race car.
Competitive Sim Racing News
Adam Eley looks at esports marketing and playing the long game.
“There are always two approaches to sponsorship and partnership deals in any form of sport or event… The “I need sales and an instant ROI” approach, and then there’s the “We are playing the long game of brand building” approach. Neither approach is right or wrong and both have their place, but a brand really needs to know which one is right for them when approaching a potential marketing opportunity.”
Here are more headlines from the world of competitive sim racing:
- Alessandro Bico clinches his second win of the season at the Nordschleife
- PESC: Alejandro Sánchez, Alessandro Bico score Nürburgring victories
- Team Conti and Altus eSports Giving Us Intense Rookie Versus Veteran Battle in 2023
- Dörr Esports and Falken Tyre join forces for new Falken Esports team
- Motorsport Australia National Esports calendar locked in
Sim Racing Tips & Techniques
In the video above, Daniel Morad presents the ultimate guide to setting up your racing seat position, steering position and pedal position. “These steps will help YOU find the correct position for YOU. Follow this guide and you can also race like a pro.”
Sim Racing Tech Roundup
General Sim Racing News
- F1 23 – Minimum and recommended PC Requirements
- Is F1 23 game making the right changes? Our verdict
- Microsoft Suggests Forza Motorsport 8 Will Release This Summer
- Where Are All the Hypercars in Sim Racing?
- WATCH: Multiplayer Racing Review of 2023: iRacing
- Race Sim Studio release Formula Hybrid 2023 with stunning detail for Assetto Corsa sim racers
- BMW M4 GT3, Pau and three new Porsches headed to RaceRoom in 2023
- Could Willow Springs be set for iRacing 2023 Season 3?
- BTCC-inspired rFactor 2 touring car series set for VCO debut
- 10 Best PS1 Racing Games of All Time